Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

All at sea over lighthouses

I love images of lighthouses.  I'm not sure why I have this fetish, but it is evident in the number of lighthouse stamps I have - both digital and in rubber. The image on the card below is one of the range of Michael Powell images from Urban Stamps.  I love his detailed stamps but they do pose a challenge when colouring with copics and trying to get some shading.  In this case I have trimmed the stamped image back to remove the background cityscape. The copics I have used are R22, 24, 27& 29 & B000, 00, 02, 05& 24 on the boats and lighthouse and some shading with the cool greys.  The stonework uses some of the warm greys and E25, 31, 33, 35, 47 &71.  The two ships wheel charms are actually from and old pair of earrings. I'm not sure of the origin of the papers but they were not branded.



I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges

Cupcake Craft Challenges - All at sea

Delicious Doodles Challenge - Something for the boys

Moving Along with the Times - One for the guys

Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes

Bugaboo Stamps Catch the Bug Challenge blog - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Judith said...

Fab card with great shading - I love cards with a nautical theme - something to do wit being a seaside girl I think hugs Judith

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a stunning nautical card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “something for the guys”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow that's such a fabulous masculine card! Totally love it!!!

Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card. I like nautical and lighthouses. A wonderful combination.